My Apex payout was denied

UPDATE - see https://ticks-in-flow.blogspot.com/2024/06/apex-trader-funding-dca-denial-review.html


My recent payout request of $22k was denied due to DCA (Dollar Cost Averaging).

All my trades are logged in this journal, where I have documented my entries, exits and trade reason. You can see I have never been in more than 2 positions at any time, and I have actively managed risk on all positions exactly as Apex videos have asked.

I'm proud of my trading over the past few weeks and I'm absolutely gutted my payout has been denied.

After chatting with Apex mods in Discord, it seems the actual rule is now "You can only make one execution while in a losing position".  The original rule simply said 'no DCA', so it has previously been possible to enter a longer term position and scalp order flow while waiting.

I'm even more gutted to learn that if I exited my position only to re-enter immediately with double size (which is effectively the same thing), my payout would have been approved.

Hopefully my experience will help others not make the same mistake. The "one execution" rule has been added recently, and while Apex have always made it clear they don't want DCA, this specific wording was not there when I signed my PA agreements with them. I don't believe my trades would have fallen foul of the original DCA requirements.

I haven't yet had an official response yet from Apex, but it does seem that I've misinterpreted or missed the new wording, so have been denied on a technicality.  My only hope is Darrell and the team stand up for what they state Apex is looking for, which is to payout to legitimate traders, and only deny scammers and those that are blindly using DCA with no real strategy or risk management.

Comments